Melrose derives its name and appearance from Melrose Abbey in Scotland. The congregation was founded on November 13th, 1925 with the amalgamation of Charlton Avenue Methodist Church and Westmount Presbyterian Church. The building was subsequently opened with a dedication service held on Easter Sunday, March 31, 1929.
To respond to God's call by being a people of faith who open our hearts and minds to the true power and love of Jesus Christ.
To live our faith by providing within our changing community a welcoming environment which encourages people of all ages to care for and accept one another.
Melrose had been looking at our environmental footprint and 'Greening our Sacred Space' for a number of years.
Boiler replacement and solar panel installation were both completed during the summer of 2011.
Each month we receive an update on the number of trees our solar panels have "saved" through our carbon offset.
In March 2022 we offset 19 trees!
Minister: Rev. Sonia Ireson
Director of Music:
Family Ministries Coordinator:
Property Manager: Kevin Geluch
Alan Ritcey, Chris Palmer, Imogen Clase and Micha Bentley
Office Administrator: Lorraine Lowry
Current featured tour video: Sanctuary
We are grateful to receive an annual gift from the Hamilton Community Foundation Douglas J Clark Fund to support the work of the church.
We are grateful to receive an annual gift from the Eva Porter Estate Fund to support the Melrose UCW and Mission and Service Fund.
Views and opinions reflected on this site do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the organizations listed above.